20 January 2008

For Those Who Can't Hear Me Say It.

First to depart, Belinda seems to have fit in just fine with the college crowd.

Headstrong, confident, beautiful,
She has most things going for her,
Will she remember those back home,
That waved goodbye behind glass windows?

She finds friends quickly and easily,
Speaks well in any language,
One with the talent to pick up fast,
Any language to suit her needs.

New friends smile widely in the pictures,
She stretches her arm to snap the photo,
We used to be the ones beside her,
As the camera flashes away the memories.

Dear Charlene was second to go, we did not see her off,

She shares no ill will towards us,
Even though we didn't say goodbye,
Sorry isn't enough to fill in the hole,
Of what should have been a happy farewell.

She stays in her room alone,
Greatly prefers it that way,
No one to disturb her as she studies,
But no one to keep her company.

She's doing fine and coping with stress,
Though there is competition to be dealt with,
They are no challenge for her,
The petite genius among old friends.

Sarah was next to say goodbye, she won't be coming back for the holidays.

As we all gathered at the airport,
A bunch of friends doing a silly dance,
She did not say very much,
Even when she walked through the sliding doors.

Saw her online a while ago,
Barely ten lines to say to us,
She says shes tired and wants to sleep,
She writes as tears flow down the staircase.

Many people miss her alot,
But this is no ordinary departure,
She won't be back during Chinese New Year,
But we'll wait patiently for another day.

I don't usually write in poem, or like to, in any case, but I can't write in full sentences or paragraphs what I feel right now when I think back about the times I've had with each individual person. I read their blogs, and that is pretty much what is left of our dwindling connection amongst each other. One person is happy and has adjusted well into her surroundings, another is plainly taking the slow and steady way of getting through, and the other had almost fallen into a crash and burn situation. Depression doesn't suit you, dear friend. Stay strong, we will all meet again someday. :)

I just hope it's soon..