This is for you, my Phantasmic Crush.
...
You took away again,
what I thought would be;
Something we would treasure,
something we could remember,
something you can't ignore,
something you won't let go.
...
I was wrong,
it's all over now.
All I have are memories,
floating in my mind.
They taunt me,
I cannot stand it.
I feel disoriented,
I feel lost in the past.
Of what was,
of what could have been.
Gone with the wind,
as the old prairie saying goes.
Sweet memories,
but that's all they are.
...
Memories of You.
...
I wish to have you back,
doubt it would happen.
What I want,
will not be.
I must accept the facts,
before I drown in static wait.
I will not cry,
Thou not worthy.
You stabbed me, my angel,
with beautiful lies of yesterday.
The auger you hold,
it pierces my frozen heart.
I cannot forgive you,
although I do.
...
I miss you, my dear,
my Phantasmic Crush.
...
Like a silhouette,
you hide when I approach.
Like a mirage,
what is irresistable, unattainable.
You bruised me,
without even trying.
I resist your enticing whispers,
asking for my attention.
Maybe it was an illusion,
you were one weren't you?
Just come back,
I'll wait even if you don't.
...
My Phantasmic Crush,
Forgive me,
For I have loved you so.
---
...Loving A Sweet Illusion
