25 November 2006

Brown Waters, Bloody Sandflies, Scorching Sun, Great Company.

I guess that would pretty much summarize my whole day at the beach yesterday, with good friends makes great company, what can go wrong? Well, let me tell you, not very much.

Starting off the day was waking up in the morning to help my mom prepare the things I would be bring to Tanjung beach later on. It was kind of exciting knowing that my friends would actually be coming because I made the effort to call them the previous day. I would think it was last minute, but I coulden't wait for Kristine to supposedly arrange a get-together at Taman Awam. I coulden't stand the procrastination. And worse still was the fact that the band people, which makes up more than half our group was going to be hella busy the next few days because of the Hong Kong trip.

Anyways, I was the fourth to arrive as Belinda, Sarah and Grace were there already. Grace and Sarah helped me with the stuff and Belinda coulden't get the fire started. Luckily we didn't because we found out later that the charcoal would not be enough. What's more, that afternoon it was very windy. We were kind of stupid to try to get the fire started in an open pit instead of the closed one nearby. Was kind of silly when we decided to shift the coals because a larger group of Chung Hua students were already starting their fire. I think they would probably make barbeque jokes about us. "How many Josephians does it take to light a fire? -Apparently you can never have too many! HaHaHaHa~". -.-"

Moving on, the day was so much better than spending for a longer time at Parkson. There weren't any cinemas, fast food outlets, or cinemas, but it was still more fun than what we usually do, which was just walking around in circles in a shopping mall we go to everytime we want to go out. We're planning to go again, but I'm not sure when. The only people who coulden't come were Charlene, Sharon, and Qhadzrool. I called Charlene and Sharon, and Sharon cancelled last minute. Qhadzrool was in KL, so I guess I didn't need to try. Next to that, he keeps changing his phone number, so whatever.

My mom was asking why we only have 1 Malay friend in the group. I was wondering that too. It's not as if we're racist or whatever, that would be too extreme of an idea. Maybe it's because he's the only one that speaks english with us better than the others. We are mostly english speakers anyway.

Hmm, I think that's all I can say apart that the day was really fun. Sorry this post was kind of short. Kristine also said that my blog was boring and that people should read hers instead because she has pictures to boot. Like, WhAtEvEr Kristine. :P~