27 March 2008

Just Another Day..

Had engineering maths and physics today. As usual, was very enjoyable. Not that it was fun to be in class, rather I understood everything. The questions were getting tougher too. Thankfully I was able to understand everything with just 1 question to the lecturer. Hopefully my luck doesn't run out. :)

Was tempted to take pictures of the teachers actually, to give you guys an idea of what I deal with everyday, but it would be awkward if the other students saw me talking pictures. They would think I might have something with the lecturers. Ewwwwww. D:

After physics though, I went to one of the many staffrooms to find the lecturer in charge of the Drama club in Swinburne. I met up with her and she gave me a short briefing on what they actually do. There's an acting workshop and whatever, but the thing I was most interested in was if there is going to be an inter-school, or rather inter-university, drama competition being held annually, like what I joined last year in Miri with my friends. You know what she said?

"I don't like competitions."

WHUAT?? Don't like competitions? How can you not like competitions. Then I asked her, "Oh, does that mean we won't be participating?". And she replied,

"Oh, no. I don't like the 'kiasu-ness' in competitions."

Hello, after university, you HAVE to be kiasu if you want to get a good job. Whether you like it or not. I can't believe the drama club here doesn't join competitions. I wonder how long since they haven't. Why would they need 'workshops' and 'writing discussions' if there wasn't anything to participate for? She said ultimately, they just perform in front of the university. HELLO. What's the point? So they can laugh at our futile attempt at comedy/drama/soi-ness?

I'm really into sportsmanship, team spirit and 'having fun', but seriously la, it's competition that brings out the best in people. Maybe the worst too, but everything has a price wad. I thought Swinburne was popular for winning competitions, but it turns out, they don't participate in organized events outside the campus. That is SO disappointing.

I so dislike the 'as long as we have fun in the end' mindset. If I just wanted to have fun, I would be stuck to my computer the whole day winning virtual games. I also asked her if we could go to watch the competition if there was any. She stuck to her, "Umm, I don't like competitions".

SO.

FREAKING.

DISAPPOINTING.

Nowonder this school isn't known for winning events. I bet INTI joins competitions. Don't know if they win any, but at least they get to participate in something which involves other campuses. So regretful. To think it's the only thing besides the student council I want to join. And even the student council only consists of 7-8 members only. Blardy heww. I think I'll just focus my attention on my studies and zhao.

...

WHEE!

I just got a call from my mummy and she says I'm coming home this Saturday morning. Geeheeheehee~ Can't type anymore. So happie. Wuhuhuhuhue~

Here's another before-after pic with Sarah and Grace. :D



Side info : GOD IS GOOD. :D

Prancing gleefully,
The Milkman