Spent my Friday finding material for my IT website project thing. It's actually going very well. I may just have a knack for HTML. *stupid grin*
Anyway, yesterday I was picked up by my aunt to go for a family dinner. I hope they didn't do it just because they think I'm not getting myself properly fed. Their dinners are always so traditionally chinese, at not-so-traditionally-priced places. Albeit that fact, I guess I had a good time with my relatives here. The food left much to be desired though. We went to The Banquet somewhere in town. I still don't really know my way around here yet.
Oh, before that, look at the sambal chicken I had for lunch.
Does it LOOK like sambal chicken? Bleh.
So here are a few shots of the area.
It's some sort of a rich man's venture. Here's his car, according to my cousin. Seems to be quite successful because they were having their 1st anniversary dinner that night.
Charged RM350 per person. But considering the food we had at the other restaurant, it's not worth the money. Oh, I forgot to mention that they had the China Dolls to perform that night. For some of you who don't know who they are, they are a band of transvestites who dance to some funny songs while swinging around their fake giant boobs.
He must be working for a timber company. I heard somewhere that signboard makers will not be allowed to make signs like these using virgin wood anymore. Uh ohzz :x
But who cares for the trees in the forest when you have too much money to spend on custom made rostrums, right? D:
The men's toilet had some sort of miniature version of this cascada waterfall thingie for you to pee in. Didn't take a picture because that would be very disturbing if you ask me.
Free cocktails for everyone! Children included! What? When you pay RM350 for a kid, you'd want him to have the free cocktail too. For what? To see what he does when he gets tipsy la. D'oh.
The bar. The sight of all the liquor bottles made me drool without knowing. D:
Right, moving on to the actual dinner. We started off the meal with this odd coloured drink.
I thought it was the real wheatgrass drink, turns out it's some pineapple flavoured infused weed drink. Or at least it tasted like it. Makes you gag if you've tasted it for the first time. Was too lazy to take pictures of the dinner. The only good thing about it was the few slices of abalone in chilli and lime. That was the only thing I liked, sad to say. But, who am I to complain~
For, behold! My meals for Sunday!
I know. I'm in dire need of divine intervention right about now. Like, a big container of my mum's minced beef/pork/chicken with mushrooms and a big bucket of steamed Bario rice with a side bowl of homemade blended chilli and soy sauce. Oh gosh, *drool drool drool*. MISS HOME-COOKED MEALS!
Sobbing profusely,
The Milkman
